A smart city is not only forward-thinking and sustainable, but fully inclusive, leaving no one behind. At Smart City Expo World Congress, we want to lead by example by integrating inclusivity into everything we do, in addition to creating space for debate on how to build a fairer and more egalitarian society through a dedicated congress track: Living & Inclusion.
In 2019, we put a name to an initiative that has actually been in place for several years. Towards Inclusivity highlights the actions Smart City Expo World Congress takes to make sure the event is accessible to all, and that everyone feel represented and have a voice here.
Below you’ll find information about the initiative and the facilities that will be available for those in need of assistance while attending the event. If you have any further questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Electric scooters available for people with reduced mobility.
- Reserved spaces for wheelchairs/electric scooters in the food courts and in the audience of all Congress rooms.
- Guided tour available for people with visual impairment.
- Full accessibility in all areas of the venue.
- Specific Congress sessions about accessibility and barrier-free design.
- Increasing equal gender representation at the Congress.
- Specific Congress sessions about gender equality.
- An information & support point for gender safety, located at the entrance.
- Dedicated prayer rooms, adapted to all needs.
- Variety of lunch menus with kosher and veggie/vegan options.
- Simultaneous translation to Spanish in the Congress Rooms.
- Nursing room with diaper changing units.