A smart city is not only forward-thinking and sustainable, but fully inclusive, leaving no one behind. At Smart City Expo World Congress, we want to lead by example by integrating inclusivity into everything we do, in addition to creating space for debate on how to build a fairer and more egalitarian society through a dedicated congress track: Inclusive & Sharing Cities.
In 2019, we put a name to an initiative that has actually been in place for several years. Towards Inclusivity highlighted the actions Smart City Expo World Congress took to make sure the event was accessible to all, and that everyone felt represented and had a voice here.
Below you’ll find information about the initiative and the facilities that were available for those in need of assistance while attending the event. If you have any further questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Electric scooters available for people with reduced mobility.
- Reserved spaces for wheelchairs/electric scooters in the food courts and in the audience of all Congress rooms.
- Guided tour available for people with visual impairment.
- Full accessibility in all areas of the venue.
- Increasing equal gender representation at the Congress.
- Specific Congress sessions about gender equality.
- Dedicated prayer rooms, adapted to all needs, and prayer kits for ablutions.
- Variety of lunch menus with halal, kosher and veggie/vegan options.
- Simultaneous interpretation to sign language in the Auditorium.
- Simultaneous translation to Spanish in the Congress Rooms.
- Nursing room with diaper changing units.
SMART CITY EXPO WORLD CONGRESS 2021